Friday, November 2, 2012

Pain


      Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth out. That's about the only good thing that happened all day, all week actually. These past two weeks have been straight out of hell. My car got backed into, my coworkers accused me of being judgmental, and besides the fact that my boyfriend left, and he also mentioned that he isn't sure he could love me forever. Very eventful I’ll have to say. But here's the good news. CHRIST DID IT ALL FOR A REASON.

      The man who backed into my car, actually left a note, and paid for all the damages, after telling me I was a beautiful girl and that he’s sorry for the accident, again. My coworkers who are some tough cookies gave me an opportunity to witness to about the love and commitment of Christian relationships. Although my boyfriend left me, Christ will use this opportunity for others to be able to relate to my testimony. He and I could get back together and have the opportunity to witness to other couples, or we could stay single. Like I said in a previous blog, it’s all in God’s hands now. I'm actually quite grateful that Satan sees me as such a threat that he needs to do everything he can to try to steal my joy. Even after getting my teeth pulled and throwing up blood, I realized something. Before Jesus died on the cross, that is how life should have been for me every day. I deserve to throw up and to be hurt, broken and alone; after all I've done against God. But he sent his son, Jesus, to give me an amazing, blessed, loving and gracious life. All though I threw up, I had my mother there holding my hair. Although I’m “alone” I have Christ (always), and amazing friends who help send me verses to remind me of their love.

    I think we all get a little to selfish in life. I think we all think and feel we know what is best, way to often. But if we are being honest, do you really know what your life should be? How many times have you “fallen in love” or changed your career choice? Does your past works show the future you’re meant to have?  I know mine doesn't.  I was going nowhere fast, or going fast to nowhere, before I accepted Christ into my life. The direction I chose for my life showed brokenness, hurt, pain, and ultimately loneliness. Now I wake up every day being able to praise the Lord for all he has redeemed me of. Every time I screw up, I don’t have to hold on to it. I just ask the lords forgiveness, and I’m seen in his eyes as new again. No wonder people have a hard time understanding Christ, because he’s unlike anyone we have ever met.


 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body.”
            2 Corinthians 4:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment